Friday, August 28, 2009

community living..


Tomorrow, the official start date of 2409 community house.
most think we are crazy, but i have always enjoyed when folks think the thing i am doing are "crazy". It helps reassure me that my life is not the norm.
Tomorrow this 4 bedroom home will be filled with six adults one infant and two dogs. It will also be filled with ideas, inspiration and hopefully an abundance of compassion.

I have always wanted to live in a community home. To be able to live with others focused on encouraging each other to live beyond themselves. To be able to downsize my own belonging and learn to share. I know this wont be easy, it might even be a little frustrating at times. Yet i believe this is the life God has called me to live. to look beyond myself, my selfish desires and for once focus on my "family". I am excited to experience growth. I am excited to learn more about my house family and share in life's joys, its sorrows and the moments of unbelief.

I will keep you all posted on this adventure. Here are a few snapshot of the family.


Hope & Zach Lien
Jake & Lizzie & Nash Ladd
Dave Berg
Lea Berg
Bama & Emery

6 comments:

AlissaBC said...

Lizzie! I am so excited for you guys as you begin this new portion of your journey! Nash is going to have no shortage of excitement and love in his first year. Can't wait to here how it is going.

Zach Lien said...

I like it here.
Yes No Maybe

andy said...

(so this is way after the fact but,) you and your husband are wonderful to spend time with. i have enjoyed it every single one of the two times it's happened. i hope alissa and i get to see you guys soon!
also, your baby is very cute (and now chubby!)

kev said...

I'm interested to hear what the moments of unbelief will be...

Unknown said...

That is sweet...I hope to some day do the same!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.