Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blogging is so yesterday...


As you can see, it's been awhile! For some reason blogging has been the last thing on my mind. Perhaps it's because on my birthday this year I found out we are having another baby, or because we bought our first home, or even that Nash has become so independent that all I do is chase him around. Whatever the reason is, it's now time for an update.

JANUARY 2011

Jake and I started the process of becoming homeowners. Like most of our decisions it was pretty spur of the moment. Thankfully it all worked out and we ended up for a great home and a great deal. We also found of that we were going to be parents for the 2nd time. Baby number two will be joining us September 2011. This was great and scary news. It has taken awhile to adjust to the idea of two little ones running around, but everyday I get more and more excited to see this baby.
Mostly January and February consisted of SNOW!
FEBRUARY 2011

This month was a blur, to be honest I can hardly remember what happened during this time. 

MARCH 2011

We celebrated Loran Kinley's birthday, and Jake spend a few weeks on a work trip in Philadelphia. While Jake was away Nash and I were able to take a trip to Pine Ridge with some of our old friends, Andy and Alissa.
An older photo, but you get the picture.
After returning from the Rez, Nash and I stayed with the Ladds and enjoyed a trip to the Shoreview Community center.
The first swim of the season!


Nash lasted about an hour then it was time for "baby burrito" 
Jake was delayed on his drive home by 3 feet of snow. We missed him and were excited to celebrate his birthday when he arrived home.

APRIL 2011

April was a big month for us. We celebrated Jakes birthday which I had big plans for but Leanne Rhymes seemed to through everything off. Another reason I don't listen to country music. 
Welcome home and Happy birthday!



A birthday wish for papa.
Also in April we closed on our first home! Everything went well and it seemed that we started working on the place the next day. May and June were filled with house work. I wish I had taken more before photos, but hey I'm pregnant and busy. 
517 Sand creek Drive!
The work started right away.
New doors
New paint
Demo the kitchen and bathroom.
Jake and his brother and dad did all the tile flooring in the home.
A look into the dining room.
JULY 2011



Finally after a month and 1/2 of NO water and NO bathroom it was Installed. Oh and NO kitchen. We had the goal of finishing everything by Nash's 2nd birthday and we did!!! Thanks to a LOT of help from family and friends we feel like this place is finally a home!

And now we are entering August with so many plans that I will post about at a later date... Maybe 5 months down the road this time. 

No comments: