Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Awake my soul...


This post comes from a soul struggling to become humble. With that being said, please continue to read with compassion and grace and most of all forgiveness for things said and unsaid.

I have been granted the honor to be a part of such great conversations in the past few weeks. I hadn't really noticed how much I had missed intimate connection between friends until I was given a taste of it again. Yet I know there is so much more to be had. God has created us to have intimate fellowship with others, not just small talk, but real talk. To divulge our joys, moments of splendor our sorrows, struggles, regrets, and frustrations, to unleash our true souls to each other and be embraced with love. What is it that keeps this from happening? Sure there are the easy excuses:

We are just different people now.
We are going in different directions in life.
I just don't think they will understand.
I am to busy.
I forgot to call.
... and the list goes on and on.

Guilty am I who types on this blog of all the stated excuses above, but I am looking at everything all wrong. You my friend, we have the deepest connection, one that will endure forever. We are intertwined by something great. My friend, we share the same creator. From the dust we were given life. We inhabit the same earth, and our lungs are filled with the same air that gives life to all. What more do we need to connect?
I may be shorter then you, paler, or blue eyed instead of brown, but deep down our hearts beat the same, our blood is the same shade. We are the same. We are made to connect.

What is holding us back?

No comments: