Monday, March 8, 2010

From Hate to Love???


I hate to run, but as long as a part of me hates it, I know there is a part of me who could LOVE it.

Or I should just keep telling myself that. For some strange reason I have decided to take part in an imaginary 5K happening in 9 weeks. For all of you who know me even a little bit know that I DO NOT run. I used to fake side-aches, asthma attacks, amputation, fainting anything to get me out of running the 2 mile in High school. I can remember coming in Last... always, but not really caring, cause well I had a serious ailment...
Now in the age of the biggest loser and being able to sit on my couch and watch 245 pound people run marathons,  I figure I should be able to run a 5K, right?

Lets HOPE!

I have a feeling this will be an interesting adventure. Hopefully it doesn't end up like my 30 day blog challenge. We all know how that went. But on the positive side, it got me blogging so hopefully this will get me running. If anyone feels like joining me on this adventure let me know. The imaginary 5K will be held in early May. I would love to run with friends... family and even strangers. Lets get off our rears and get in gear.

Oh how motivational did that sound? We can do it.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Are you going to train for it? A group of moms from my church do a 5K run each April and they have a running "schedule" where they slowing work up to running more. One of my good friends tried it for the first time last year (and she also hates to run!)- and she did it and is doing it again this year. If you want me to forward you the running schedule, let me know! :)

Mrs. Hawk said...

I'll watch you from the sidelines as I sit in a lawn chair drinking a beer and eating a brownie.

Anonymous said...

You should do the real "Get Your Rear In Gear 5K" with us in May. Then you'll be helping create awareness for colon cancer and running your butt off... the Kinley's are doing it again.