Saturday, March 6, 2010

Left or Right...

Here is a great prayer I was given once and now I am at a loss for who wrote it. Help me out if you know.



May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers, half-truths and superficial relationships 
So that you may live deep within your heart.

May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people 
So that you may work for justice, freedom 
and peace.

May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer pain, rejection, hunger and war,
So that you may reach out your hand
to comfort them and to turn their pain into joy.
And may God bless you with enough foolishness
to believe that you can make a difference in the world, 
So that you can do what others claim cannot be done.

To bring justice and kindness
to all our children and the poor.

Amen


Right now Jake and I are going through a time of contemplation, do we make a left or a right? We have come to a fork in the road. Something is pulling our spirits and we are unsure how to answer that pull. Some might be aware of the struggle I speak of, others wondering what the heck I am talking about. Well here it is... Pine Ridge! Surprise, surprise... Right? That place is always in the back of our minds, sometimes the main thing on our minds. There is not a day that goes by when it doesn't come into my consciousness in some form. We have a great life here in Minneapolis. Wonderful family and friends only miles or steps away, but there is a still small voice inside calling us to something different. The risk would be large, but if this voice is God, would the reward not be worth it? 

"Wake up from your sleep,
Climb out of your coffins;
Christ will show you the light"

May the Lord our God, make his way known to us.


 

 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Will be praying for you and Jake! I know decisions like this are BIG life changing decisions- and so not easy! We are right there with you right now- as far as trying to figure out what's next and where God wants us. Keep me posted- and let me know how else I can pray!