Friday, September 10, 2010

Thank God


It has been a while from my last posting. Jake, Nash and I moved into our new apartment and are still getting settled in. Somewhere between moving in and today I have realized that I have become a not so desirable person. My attitude resembles that of a "debbie downer", I am easily angered and less then a patient wife and mother. So I have had to take a good hard look at myself in the mirror and find out what the heck is going on.

I have not devoted any of my time to growth, to challenges, and to gaining of wisdom. I am merely a girl holding on by a string, living just to get by. I know that through my lifetime I have had these moments, but for some reason this time it seems even more painful. I believe that I am better then this moment, that I have faith, hope and experiences that should have kept me from this. That even though things may seem tough I could have persevered, taken the high road, or at least stayed focused on God. Yet I fell apart, became a spirit filled with bitterness and frustration.
So...

Thank GOD, for never leaving me when I left him. Thank God, for showing up in my everyday even when I ignored His presence. Thank God for the memories of those who helped mold me into a better person. Thank God, for redoes.  Thank God, for giving me a husband who sees beyond my darkness. Thank God.

No comments: