Thursday, February 4, 2010

becoming more simple...

Day 13... well sort of...

As you can see I have fallen behind on my own 30 day challenge. I will not let this get me down. I will still continue to do my best at blogging on a daily basis, but it might be a little more spaced out.

So the other day on a car ride home, from I can't really remember jake started talking to me about simplifying our lives even more and getting rid of the 'time wasters' we have. At first I wasn't sure what it was he was talking about, but as he explained it all started to become a reality to me. Jake and I have always talked about living a simpler life, with less material things, but its hard. For some reason we seem to be able to talk the talk better then walk it. So here now we have decided to take, hopefully with a better outcome then my blogging challenge a 30 day get rid of our time wasters challenge. It is our time to Get simple. Wish us luck and keep us accountable.


p.s if you know anyone interested in a Tv, Xbox, Video camera or computer just let us know...

4 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

I'm interested to hear more about what you mean. When I think of people who are living simply, you guys come to mind already. Why do you want to take this challenge? What are you hoping to gain/understand? Why do you think that you aren't living simply now?

Emily said...

One thing I would encourage you to not get rid of is your video camera. We didn't have a video camera when Silas was little- but did take some short videos on our regular camera. It is so precious to catch little things that kids do and be able to look back at it years. Even now, Silas loves watching the videos we have from when he first started to walk... and videos from his birthdays... We did buy a video camera about a year ago- and I am so happy that we have it to capture all of the "kid" moments that only happen once.

Lizzie said...

Thanks Emily.... slightly embarrassed to say, but we are looking to sell our video camera to get a different one.. jake is interested in making a documentary at some point. I love taking video's of Nash..

Anjreux said...

May I offer a suggestion.. figure out "productive" activities to replace your less productive ones with. This does not mean to do more or the same amount of "stuff" ... but it might give you more purpose and inspiration to give up thoe things you have called "time wasters" and to pursue things that will enrich yourselves individually, your family, or your community. Peace.