Monday, February 1, 2010

Who reads anyways...

Day 12

Today happened to be one of my better days. I was able to relax, spend time alone and as always drink some wonderful coffee. It also happened to be our friend Marks birthday so in celebration of his birth we went to Maxwells for an early happy hour, cause well... were old. It was good to sit in fellowship, eat a burger and laugh. Now I am sitting at home watching my husband play Xbox while our friend Drew studies for a test, and I blog while waiting for my freshly painted canvas to dry.

Growing up I hated reading. I can not recall a single book successfully completed before I hit college. Even being in Awana while I was younger I hated reading the memory books, and trying to memorize scripture. My group leader used to give all the girls in my group candy if I would have memorized one, lets just say that never really happened. I don't know why I hated reading so much. My mom loved it and so did my sister, for me it was a form of torture. Until recently I would have never chose to read a book out of sheer pleasure. Then who the heck knows what happened, boredom, maturity, or perhaps divine intervention? I started enjoying reading, and enjoying it a lot. For the most part I have read non-fiction and been able to get a lot out of them, but that can get a little overwhelming. So now I am on the kick of reading Fictional books. I love being able to loose myself for awhile with characters that live lives totally different then mine, and seeing where thats going to get them. I hope I keep up with this enjoyment of reading and thanks to my friend Jackie it has been a little bit more possible. (she keeps giving me good books.) I have decided to show you a few of my latest and most favorite reads.

"But you don't  have to take my word for it."






2 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

Yeah for reading! I'm starting to read the Anne of Green Gables series. I guess, reliving my childhood. You can check books out of my library anytime.

Jacquelyn said...

i am also very glad you have come to enjoy it so much. it really is wonderful. have you started the new one i gave you yet? you'll love it. i'm going to start the one you gave me this week!