Sunday, January 31, 2010

your story...

Day 11


Let me start by saying this... I know, I know, I missed a day. I am sorry for that. I don't know where the day went. All of a sudden I looked at the clock and it was 11:59pm. Jake assured me that it would be OK, he said to tell everyone that I don't believe in blogging on the sabbath. I agreed and said 'great idea babe.' A few minutes later I realized it was saturday... so in honor of my Seventh Day Adventist Friends I decided to take the day off from blogging yesterday.
Let us resume.

Jake is reading the latest Donald Miller book, A million miles in a thousand years, and tonight while I was contemplating writing about plastic bags he interrupted me with a little insight. He read as follows...

"And once you live a good story, you get a taste for a kind of meaning in life, and you can't go back to being normal: you can't go back to meaningless scenes stitched together by the forgettable thread of wasted time."
...
...

"the main way we learn story is not through movies or books: its through each other. You become like the people you interact with. and if your friends are living boring stories you probably will to. We teach our children good or bad stories, what is worth living for and what is worth dying for, what is worth pursuing, and the dignity in which a character engages his own narrative."

I am blessed to have great people in my life. Friends who desire to live a life of passion, and family who understand how to love. I am living a story, my family is living a story. We will not settle. We will seek out our story.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

I was really looking forward to hearing about plastic bags...

Lizzie said...

maybe today...