Thursday, January 21, 2010

Created for the outdoors...

Day 3

I am not to sure who to credit this post to... perhaps Hope for writing about it in our house community journal or maybe it should be Zach who taught her about this, but then again we learn all things from God, so maybe in the end I owe Him the credit. I've been thinking a lot today and wondering why am I so saddened about Hope and Zach leaving. Sure they are some of my closest friends and I love them dearly, but there must be something deeper then that. Then while driving home and leaving them a voice mail about the freezing rain hitting my windshield and the cold freezing wind chilling my insides the thought hit me so clearly. I was created to be outside. To feel the warmth of the sun and the warm breeze against my flesh. I am not meant for this COLD. Sure some people enjoy the winter, they find the fun in the snow, cold and frozen tundra around then, but I am not one of those I speak of. I have never been one of those. I am amazed of those people who truly Love the winter, who thrive in the winter. I can say that every time fall begins to fade, part of my soul goes with it. It is a struggle to survive with high spirits through the winter. I try, I really do every year try to complain a little less. This year Jake even commented about how I haven't complained as much, but maybe its because I feel like I am dyeing on the inside. It is a struggle to be myself. To enjoy the day when it fades so fast and the cold keeps your locked inside and feeling alone. Maybe I have been so saddened of their leaving not just because I will miss them dearly, but because my soul is longing to feel the warmth of Gods warm creation.


 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Zach Lien said...

The warmth will be coming soon to melt all of that away. You should make a list of all the things you want to do when it is warm outside, and another list about all of the things that you won't have time to do when it is warm outside, because they are the things you want to do inside. I can't wait to read more of your daily blogs!

Mrs. Hawk said...

You should go to a water park. They are hot and humid, right? Or an indoor park. There is one in Edina that has trees.