Monday, January 25, 2010

and interesting stretch...

Day 7


Today was Monday and I tend to not be a fan of Mondays. Jake goes back to work, another week to be home (kind of) alone and just waiting for the next weekend to arrive. Today I was able to try something new.

For my birthday I was given by my roommates Dave and Lea a 30 day pass to the Movement Arts Center. So for the next 30 days I will be doing some interesting stretches in the Yoga class. Tonight was the first class, the first Yoga class I have ever been to. It was wonderful. I believe there were about 8 folks in the class and it looked to me like I was the youngest. I felt comfortable and ready to learn. Lea informed me that the class goes a little long because no one uses the room after, and she was right. The class started at 7:45 and ended around 9:15. Surprising to me, I made it through the whole class. I am sure I will be paying for it tomorrow. I loved the chance to be in a warm room, concentrate on breathing and just enjoy some relaxation. If you have never tried it, like my self at 4 hours ago I would highly recommend it.

No comments: