Friday, January 8, 2010

So they say it's a new year...

I can not believe how fast years come and go! Pretty soon I will find my self an old wrinkly lady wondering where the time has gone, but for now I am young a little wrinkled and excited for the new year. I would like to take a moment and reflect back on the year 2009. It is so easy to just just keep going with life and let memories fade into the distance, but there were so many good times had that I want to relish them for just a little longer. So here they are. A few of my fondest moments of 2009.

*the birth of Nash Dakota Edward Ladd (a little painful, but well worth it in the end)
*nights spent playing ping-pong, nertz and mafia in Pine Ridge with my family.
*working at Higher Ground and having deep and meaningful conversations with Belva and Leon.
*the weekend road trip our two great pals made to come visit us in Pine Ridge and see our lives out there.
*finding out we were having a baby boy!
*becoming a biological aunt to Nolan Robert Hawkinson.
*camping with the kinley's in the Ladd's back yard.
*the third annual cabin extravaganza!
*my family coming to visit from all over to see Nash.
*being introduced to the "name game", and playing it many times.
*road tripping with my husband and Nash to Denver, Birmingham and Pine Ridge.
*Nash's first Christmas.
*moving into a community house.

And the list could go on and on. 2009 was a good year. I am excited to see what 2010 has to offer and where and what God has planned for us. So far I can't complain. I have a roof over my head, food on the table and family that I love.

2 comments:

Jake Ladd said...

What about our Roadtrip to KC?

Mrs. Hawk said...

Nolan says, "YEAH! I made the list!"