Tuesday, January 19, 2010

30 Days of...Me

I have decided to take a challenge and blog everyday for 30 days. I am going to try my hardest to be honest, vulnerable and maybe a little insightful. I am not to sure why I have decided to do this, but perhaps something inside of me is longing to be heard. I hope that this will happen, I hope that I will make it 30 days. Granted I am not perfect. I might miss a day and well in that case I am sorry. SO lets begin...



January 19th 2010

26 years ago I was born. My mom tells me it was the coldest day of the year, -26 degrees. I wonder why at that very minutes she didn't decide to get the heck out of town and move somewhere, lets see a little WARMER. Now with most of my family here and Jakes here, we feel slightly pulled to this area. Anyways. 26 years have gone by so fast. I do not feel much different from 25, not at all really. I enjoyed turning 25. Cheaper car insurance, well not really our guy said we all ready got a discount because we were married. LAME. Being 25 I felt more like an adult then I ever had, and now 26 isn't much different. I celebrated with my friends and played a wonderful/crazy game of bunko on Saturday. Congrats Jackie for winning. Today was much less exciting then I would have liked. Early this morning I woke up to say goodbye to our two closest friends. They are off to Hawaii for 7 weeks. I know its not that long, but I find myself at a loss and saddened that they are gone. Then my husband forgot to say happy birthday to me or anything even resembling those words almost all day. I still love him anyways! For some reason I have just been sad. Today has been a let down of a birthday. I did however get a wonderful dinner cooked by my mom and was able to spend sometime with my grandparents. OK Lizzie time to stop complaining and be grateful for all that God has blessed me with. The good and the bad.

No comments: