Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A breath of humid air...

Day 8

Today I had a well needed brake from the cold, I mean the FREEZING cold. What happened to the 30 degree days anyways? Nash and I were able to join Lea and her friend Becky to the Como Zoo conservatory. It was beautiful. I have been there before, but mostly in the summer. Going in the winter is a whole new experience. I felt like it was the first time I had been there all over again. Walking through the doors and feeling my pores soke in the humidity and my hands begin to feel healed from all the moisture was simply breathtaking. Not to mention all the amazing plants. We were able to see banana trees, Pinapple plants/trees whatever they are, coffee plants, everything so green and lush. Oh I could just live there.
I was a soul rejuvenating afternoon.



 

4 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

It is a fantastic place to go in the winter!

AlissaBC said...

Lizzie. I am reading your blogs. I can't believe you're actually doing one every day. That is so impressive.

Zach Lien said...

I fully agree. The conservatory is wonderful healing for the winter blues!

Jake Ladd said...

Anonymous-
you spelled assignment wrong